I enjoy analysing complex legal problems and take pride in drafting advices with practical solutions that meet my clients’ key objectives.
Prior to rejoining MinterEllison, I was Senior Legal Counsel at Fortescue Metals Group Limited, advising on matters related to the development of its mines, port facilities and railway.
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority – advising on the development of Elizabeth Quay and other significant urban renewal projects.
- Government of Western Australia and LandCorp – advised on environmental and land tenure matters relating to the Ord-East Kimberley Expansion project.
- Government of Western Australia – advised on the proposed divestment of Fremantle Port and Utah Point in Port Hedland.
- API Management Pty Ltd – advised on the proposed separation of mining and infrastructure assets for the West Pilbara Iron Ore Project, including undertaking detailed due diligence on environmental approvals, land tenure and infrastructure arrangements.
- Albemarle Lithium Pty Ltd – advising on the development of a lithium hydroxide manufacturing plant and associated infrastructure within the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area.
- Albemarle Corporation Ltd – advised on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the Wodgina Lithium Project and the unincorporated joint venture with Mineral Resources Limited.
- Advising various gold mining clients on approval requirements, environmental liability, mine closure and land access issues.
- Dexus Property Group – advised on the acquisition of the King Square site and development of three office buildings; and on the acquisition of Carillon Arcade.
- Advised various clients on legal issues surrounding contaminated sites, including advising on reporting requirements, responsibility for remediation and drafting detailed submissions to the Contaminated Sites Committee.
- Managed applications for review of planning decisions in the State Administrative Tribunal for various clients.