Through my work in the regulatory area, I often engage in judicial review proceedings and have conducted many of the leading public law cases in the financial services regulatory area in Hong Kong.
I am the honorary solicitor for the Actuarial Society of Hong Kong, and assist the Society in its project to become a statutory body responsible for the regulation of the Actuarial profession in Hong Kong. As a member of Lexis' Practical Guidance Editorial Board, I have authored the Investigations and Enforcement Proceedings chapter of Lexis' Practical Guidance - Financial Services, and I am currently writing a book for LexisNexis on Securities and Futures Commission investigation and enforcement proceedings, which is scheduled for publication in 2019.
- Acting in numerous regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Conducting a number of high profile shareholder and joint venture actions, including bringing and defending claims against directors and minority shareholder actions
- Conducting a number of arbitration and court actions relating to investment fund disputes, including in connection with management issues and payments to limited partners
- Acting in several financial products mis-selling cases, including a high profile court action against a global bank
- Acting for the liquidators of a listed company and a private equity fund in two major cross-border insolvencies
- Acting in numerous judicial review and administrative law cases, including several before the Court of Final Appeal
- Advising extensively on regulatory issues in respect of the securities, insurance and accounting sectors