In more recent years, I have also been immersed in the electricity industry, acting on significant regulatory and contractual matters for generators, networks, retailers and industrial users.
I am known for being pragmatic yet personable. My experience allows me to identify the real issues at hand and formulate a strong solution, rather than focusing on the problems.
- Alinta Energy – project managed the closure of Alinta’s power generation business in South Australia, which included shutting down two power stations, closing a coal mine and railway, and transitioning management of the Leigh Creek township back to the state government
- Delhi Petroleum – negotiated and documented the sale of up to $1.5 billion of natural gas from the Cooper Basin to Origin Energy
- SA Power Networks – helped prepare a regulatory proposal to the Australian Energy Regulator under the National Electricity Rules, for the 2015–20 and 2020–25 regulatory control periods
- Government of South Australia’s 100 megawatt battery storage project – advised a bidder for this first major battery project in the country
- Government of South Australia’s combined retail supply and renewable energy generation project – assisted a supplier with its bid to meet a large percentage of the state government’s electricity demand
- A group of major industrial electricity users – supported a successful application to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for authorisation of a joint electricity purchase
- Epic Energy – drafted the initial access arrangement for the Moomba to Adelaide Pipeline System, the first such arrangement to ever be prepared in Australia
- Epic Energy – assisted with a successful application to the Australian Competition Tribunal for a merits review of the ACCC’s decision to draft and approve its access arrangement for the Moomba to Adelaide Pipeline System – the first such review ever conducted