One of my specialties is working with the gas industry. I have a long and influential relationship with many of its major players, including key producers, large industrial users and several gas transporters. In more recent years, I have also been immersed in the electricity industry, acting on significant regulatory and contractual matters for networks, generators, retailers and industrial users.
I am known for being pragmatic yet personable. My experience allows me to identify the real issues at hand and formulate a strong solution, rather than focusing on the problems.
- Alinta Energy – project managed the closure of Alinta's power generation business in South Australia, which included shutting down and dismantling two power stations, closing the "feed stock" coal mine and dedicated railway, remediating the power stations and mine sites, and transitioning management of the Leigh Creek township back to the South Australian Government.
- Delhi Petroleum – negotiated and documented the sale of up to $1.5 billion of natural gas from the Cooper Basin to Origin Energy.
- Epic Energy – provided extensive advice in relation to the introduction of the pipeline capacity trading and day-ahead auction reforms recommended by the Gas Market Reform Group (GMRG).
- Epic Energy – drafted the operational transportation service agreements for the Moomba to Adelaide Pipeline System and the South East Pipeline System as required by amendments to the National Gas Law and the National Gas Rules made as part of the GMRG reforms, as well as a broad range of ancillary and related regulatory documents.
- SA Power Networks – project managed the external legal team involved in preparing the regulatory proposals to the Australian Energy Regulator under the National Electricity Rules, for the 2015-20 and 2020-25 regulatory control periods.
- Government of South Australia's 100 megawatt battery storage project – advised a bidder for this first major battery project in the country.
- Government of South Australia's combined retail supply and renewable energy generation project – assisted a supplier with its bid to meet a large percentage of the state government's electricity demand.
- A group of major industrial electricity users – advised on a unique, successful application to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for authorisation of a joint electricity purchase by industrial users in South Australia.