I prepare, negotiate and advise on various types of contracts, including research funding and collaboration agreements, intellectual property assignment and licensing agreements, sponsorship and distribution agreements, and goods and services agreements.
Recognised for always drafting clear, technically accurate contractual documents, I take pride in providing advice that addresses my clients’ needs.
- The University of New South Wales; the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science; the NSW Government; the Commonwealth Bank of Australia; and Telstra – helped the consortium establish a new company in order to develop and commercialise a silicon-based quantum computer
- Medical Research Commercialisation Fund – acted in relation to the intellectual property aspects of various investments into early-stage medical research, as well as on behalf of a number of spin-out companies
- The University of Melbourne – helped establish Bionic Vision Australia, a collaboration between five world-leading Australian research institutions to develop a bionic eye
- Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority and Emergency Management Victoria – advised on the state’s agreements with providers of emergency services communications networks and services, including in relation to extensions, major upgrades and other variations, and day-to-day issues
- Victorian Department of Education and Training – advised on the department’s suite of Skills First Program VET funding contracts