In the field of competition and consumer law, I assist clients in a broad range of matters, including Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) investigations and proceedings, copy clearance, unfair terms reviews and compliance training.
Clients appreciate my ability to deliver complex advice in a simple and coherent manner reflecting commercial goals and objectives.
- The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia (HCF) – regulatory adviser on private health insurance law including approval of new health covers, drafting funding contracts between HCF and large hospital groups, agreements with brokers and comparator websites and fund rules, and undertaking legal review of all forms of marketing collateral including TV commercials and radio
- nib – regulatory adviser on private health insurance law, negotiating and drafting white label agreements between nib and Suncorp and Qantas, and drafting agreements for nib's international business (overseas student and workers cover)
- Private Healthcare Australia – regulatory input into law reform work on private health insurance law; advice on exposure draft legislation; competition law advice and drafting commercial contracts
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services – providing advice on statutory interpretation under various regulatory regimes; legislative changes required for the implementation of government projects; providing advice on government tenders, probity requirements and drafting government procurement contracts
- Alphapharm – drafting licensing and development agreements for pharmaceuticals; providing regulatory advice on the Therapeutic Goods Act and regulatory review of promotional material for prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Pental (White King products) – led Federal Court litigation against the ACCC on penalty in relation to White King wipes where the Federal Court handed down less than half of the penalty sought by the ACCC
- Tooltechnic Systems Australia – acted in obtaining the ACCC’s first-ever authorisation for resale price maintenance in relation to the price of Festool power tools and the first-ever notification to the ACCC for resale price maintenance
- Franchising sector – advised on competition and consumer law issues arising in the franchising context for GM Holden, Toyota, Beaurepaires and Toyworld
- Justice Connect Homeless Law – led the Homeless Law clinic run by the Melbourne office for over 10 years and currently a supervisor of Homeless Law clinic lawyers
- Mayne Pharma Group Limited; Medibank; AGL; Heinz – completed numerous secondments