My work spans claims and disputes concerning roads and tollways, hospitals, prisons, power stations, oil and gas projects, and mining projects. I have expertise in international arbitration; construction litigation in Victoria, NSW, Queensland and Western Australia; and security of payment adjudications and judicial reviews in all jurisdictions.
I always develop a strategic approach that is tailored to the nature of the claim or dispute, as well as my clients’ commercial goals.
- Fluor Corporation – acted in one of the world’s largest arbitrations, concerning claims of $1.5 billion
- Worked for Victorian Government departments and agencies; leading builders, including CIMIC Group (CPB Contractors and Thiess), Grocon, Lendlease, McConnell Dowell and Probuild; and global engineering companies, including ACCIONA, Engie, Siemens, SNC–Lavalin and MWH Global
- Acted in two matters that were resolved in the High Court of Australia, as well as a series of proceedings relating to three different offshore jurisdictions
- Served as a senior fellow of the University of Melbourne, and a lecturer in its Master of Construction Law course
- Ranked as a leading individual in Construction between 2012 and 2017 by Chambers
- Ranked as one of Australia’s leading lawyers in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Construction and Infrastructure, and Litigation by Best Lawyers between 2007 and 2016
- Ranked as a leading construction litigation lawyer by Doyles Guide in 2017