I lead MinterEllison's Brisbane Property Group and national retirement villages practice. For more than 25 years I have advised major institutional property investors and developers on all facets of commercial, retail, industrial and residential property including due diligences, acquisitions, disposals, development and leasing.
- Robin Lyons is recognised for his extensive experience acting for the retirement village sector.
- Robin has advised the Aveo Group Limited for over 20 years and has acted on the acquisition of virtually its entire portfolio of retirement villages nationally, as well as the development of its greenfield villages. A recent highlight is that he assisted Aveo Group Limited with its AUD215.5 million acquisition of Freedom Aged Care and its retirement villages portfolio. Sources praise his handling of high-value transactional mandates and his "excellent understanding of the retirement villages legislation." Chambers Asia Pacific.
- As a significant and active contributor within the retirement living sector, Robin led the development of the ‘Australian and New Zealand Retirement Villages Legislation Compendium’, an invaluable guide to navigating the sector’s legislative regimes in every state and territory of Australia and New Zealand.
- Active member and participant of the Property Council of Australia’s Retirement Living Committee and Leading Age Services Australia’s Queensland retirement living committee.
- Recommended, Real Estate - Legal 500 Asia Pacific: 2010/2011; 2011/12 – Robin’s ‘knowledge of retirement villages is without peers’ and 'Robin Lyons is particularly well regarded in this area’ and Robin Lyons ‘has a very high service ethic’
- Lawyer of the Year (Australia), Retirement Villages and Senior Living - Best Lawyers: 2014
- Recommended, Health & Aged Care - Best Lawyers: 2014, 2016
- Recommended, Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law - Best Lawyers: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Listed in 2015 Chambers Asia Pacific Directory – Real Estate : "Brisbane-based Robin Lyons heads the firm's national retirement villages and aged care practice. He recently acted for Lend Lease Primelife on its AUD65 million acquisition of seven retirement villages in Queensland. Clients praise him as an "industry leader in his area in terms of technical knowledge" adding "he has an extremely high level of client care and great attention to detail."
- Recommended, Real Property - Best Lawyers: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Leading or Pre-eminent lawyer, Property & Real Estate - Doyles Guide: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016