Having acted on a broad range of projects for both sponsors, financiers and government counterparties, I bring a rounded approach to transactions and projects financings that reflects my understanding of the drivers of all of the parties at the table. I enjoy delivering streamlined and efficient transactions and contributing to transformational projects.
I have particular interest in clean energy technologies, hydrogen and transport infrastructure.
- Alinta Energy: advised in connection with the ground-breaking development and financing of a 60MW solar generation facility at Fortescue Metals Group's Chichester Hub iron ore operations and a 60km transmission line linking to Christmas Creek and Cloudbreak mining operations with the Newman gas-fired power station and 35MW battery facility in Pilbara, Western Australia
- Keppel Seghers: advised in connection with the terms and conditions of the supply agreement for the plant technology of Australia's first thermal waste to energy project in Kwinana, Western Australia.
- FRV: advised in connection with its acquisition of the Walla Walla Solar Farm, New South Wales.
- Partners Group: advised in connection with the financing aspects of their acquisition and project financing of its Sapphire Wind Farm.
- Macquarie Bank: advised in connection with research and development funding into various technology development projects, including biofuels from algae, ocean energy conversion and waste heat co-generation.
- HSBC: advised on its super senior facility to Energy Exemplar in connection with a unitranche acquisition facility provided by Barings.
- Bidding consortium: advised on the project financing of its bid for Anglo's coal sale assets in Queensland.
- Westpac: advised in relation to ots acquisition of the Australian businesses of the Lloyds banking group, including CFAL and BOSI and related integration projects.
- Syndicate of financiers to the consortium including Australian Super and CPP Investment Board: advised for their bid in connection with the long term lease of NSW electricity transmission and distribution assets, Transgrid.
- Syndicate of financiers to the consortium comprising Hastings Funds Management and China Merchants: advised for their successful bid in connection with the $1.75bn Port of Newcastle and coal facilities.
I was independently recognised for expertise in Energy & Infrastructure, Financial & Corporate law and Project Finance.