Adept at handling complex and strategic matters, I have advised many of Australia's leading companies in the construction, energy and resources, transport and aviation industries. I am also an experienced litigator and advocate in employment and industrial relations disputes.
In the area of work health and safety, I advise widely on compliance and risk management strategies, and am skilled at managing coronial inquests, investigations and prosecutions. Clients frequently call on me to conduct workplace investigations, often within hours of an incident occurring.
I particularly enjoy training clients on employment and safety issues, and helping companies to create effective safety governance processes.
- The boards of various government-owned corporations in Queensland – assisted with developing robust safety governance frameworks
- A Tier 1 national construction company – acted in a major and long-running industrial dispute in the Federal Court of Australia
- A large national resources company – advised on a strategic safety matter critical to the future of the business
- Energex – obtained a successful outcome in a highly significant workplace health and safety prosecution
- Received the Woman Lawyer of the Year Award in 2014 from the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland
- Served as a non-executive director on the board of Airservices Australia and chair of its Remuneration and Human Resources Committee
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Labour and Employment Law, Occupational Health and Safety Law, and Employee Benefits
- Recognised by Doyles Guide as one of Queensland’s leading employment and workplace health and safety lawyers in 2017