My experience in relation to infrastructure and major projects (and in particular delay claims associated with those projects) has been gleaned both from private practice and in house which has provided a basis for understanding broader commercial considerations in negotiating outcomes to contractual disputes.
- Acted for Lendlease Engineering on a range of claims brought by its subcontractors under the Building & Construction Industry Payments Act (Qld) 2004 (BCIPA) and the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act (Qld) 2017
- Acted for QGC in relation to delay claims brought by the Contractor in respect of the pipeline construction and associated infrastructure works
- Acted for the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal in respect of contractual claims brought by contractors relating to the construction and commissioning of the coal export terminal infrastructure
- Advising Stanmore Coal Limited in relation to potential claims under a mining services agreement.
- Advising AngloCoal in relation to pricing and delay claims brought by subcontractors regarding the construction and commissioning of the Grosvenor drift and earth pressure balance tunnel boring machine.