With more than 20 years' experience in the field, I am highly regarded for my in-depth understanding of health regulation. I provide practical solutions tailored to each client’s specific needs. This includes crisis management, dealing with clinical negligence claims and providing medico-legal advice.
I work with the firm’s corporate and project lawyers to co-ordinate and deliver practical, industry-specific, client-focused advice related to health industry transactions, inbound investment matters, and outsourcing and infrastructure arrangements.
- Acted as lead legal adviser in significant reputational matters, including health privacy breaches; matters where hospital patients contracted legionella; public health readiness and emergencies; call backs from infection control breaches; patients with mental illnesses causing injury to themselves or others while in hospital or the community; coronial investigations and inquests following patient deaths
- Managed a 24/7 client assistance service for many years, helping hospital management teams and clinicians with urgent queries relating to clinical management and adverse outcomes
- Represented clients during the Queensland Public Hospitals Commission of Inquiry and Queensland Health Payroll System Commission of Inquiry, including subsequent investigation and litigation
- Conducted, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, safety and performance reviews of health services and scope of clinical practice of medical practitioners
- Advised on the regulatory aspects of acquiring or investing in companies involved in health product manufacturing, logistics and transport; private health insurance; disability services; telemedicine; practice management software; day hospital services; pathology and radiology; and pharmaceuticals and vitamins
- Advised on health funding and performance measures for outsourced services and health partnerships, hospital purchaser-provider agreements and Medicare compliance
- Recognised by Best Lawyers International as Lawyer of the Year, Health & Aged Care in 2014 and 2016