With over 20 years of experience in Australia, the Middle East and Central Europe, I assist clients in navigating the development, procurement, construction and operation of critical infrastructure projects. Usually these projects include a private/project financing element.
I pride myself on the ability to assist clients to identify and manage risks, and to manage the linkages between the various transaction documents. Clients also value the breadth and depth of my legal knowledge, tenacity and commercial acumen. My clients include sponsors, banks, contractors, engineering firms and government entities.
Clients say “Simon Harvey is always available for support, seven days a week. Always positive and always supporting.” Legal 500, 2020.
- Renewable Power Generation and Storage: Advising developers or financiers on the development or financing of numerous renewable energy projects, including the Girgarre Solar Farm, Quorn Park Hybrid Project (current), Lake Bonney Wind Farm and Cathedral Rocks Wind Farm, and internationally, the Tutly Solar Farm, MKAT Solar Farm, Akadyr Solar Farm, NOMAD Solar Farm, Saran Solar Farm, Hawa Akkar Wind Farm, Mafraq PV Project etc. Advising on a bid for the acquisition of a stand-alone Australian BESS project structured as a tolling arrangement and on revenue arrangements for another stand-alone BESS project in the ACT.
- Transmission: Advising on the Network REZolution consortium bid (advising the intended operator) for the Central West Orana Renewable Energy Zone PPP in NSW. Advising on EPC and related aspects of a bid by Vision Invest and Elia Group for the Project Lightning offshore transmission project (ADNOC, Abu Dhabi).
- Water Desalination and Treatment: Advising the sponsors on the development and financing of the 300,000 m³ per day Ghubrah III Independent Water Plant and advising sponsors on the 100,000 m³ per day Barka V IWP. Advising on a confidential water pipeline in regional NSW (current). Advising on the financing of the expansion of the Al Saja'a wastewater treatment plant.
- PPP: Advising equity, contractors or government on the Newcastle Mater Hospital PPP project, HQJOC PPP Project, Saudi Schools Infrastructure Public Private Partnership Programme – Wave 1, Abu Dhabi Housing PPP and Bahrain Social Housing PPP Project.
- Other natural resources: Advising the Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group on the development of the Koorangang Island Coal Export Terminal. Advising lenders on the Avebury nickel mine and advising lenders on the Keyelekera (Malawi) uranium mine and production facility.