I am the lead for MinterEllison's Workplace, Tax and Consulting Practice lines; a practicing partner in the Workplace practice; a member of the MinterEllison Services Board and a Non-Executive Director for the Stroke Foundation.
I also regularly conduct in house training sessions on workplace relations matters and defensible decision making.
I have acted predominantly, but not exclusively, for employers in NZ and Australia for over 20 years in the public and private sectors and in industries including State & Local Government, Health, Aged Care, Education, Agribusiness, Finance, Insurance and Tech.
From a history at the blended bar in NZ and a strong public sector practice I also have a not so secret passion for administrative law.
- Advising numerous employers on strategic Industrial Relations matters, Union engagement, Enterprise agreement negotiations, termination of agreements and business structuring across a number of sectors.
- Acting for professional services firms and medical partnerships in partnership dissolutions and contentious disputes
- Acting for various Federal, State and Local Government departments and statutory bodies in defence of administrative decision making including in the Administrative
- Appeal Tribunal and the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Advising on large public sector change programmes involving various stakeholders and unions
- Repeatedly enforcing comprehensive restraints in both the State and Federal Courts for a large national insurer
- Successfully defending Ramsay Healthcare in a class action led by the Queensland
- Nurses' Union claiming all 24/7 rostered nursing staff were entitled to all gazetted public holidays whether or not they had rostered or ordinary hours.
- Successfully defending Blue Care in a large classification and demarcation dispute in relation to unregistered care workers
- ProBono work with the Domestic Violence Action Centre, Basic Rights Queensland and many more.