A commitment to legal support for homeless people
Minter Ellison's pro-bono legal work has a strong focus on assistance to homeless persons. In Australia, we provide outreach legal clinics for homeless people in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Working with the Public Interest Law Clearing Houses in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, and the Welfare Rights Centre in South Australia, our lawyers deliver direct legal support at a number of venues:
- Adelaide: Magdalene Centre
- Brisbane: Café One (Mission Australia)
- Melbourne: Flagstaff Crisis Accommodation (Salvation Army)
- Melbourne: Ozanam House (St Vincent de Paul)
- Sydney: Women's & Girls' Emergency Centre.
We also support Street Law ACT in Canberra, Street Law Centre WA in Perth. In New Zealand, we work with YouthLaw.