Michael Creedon's practice focus is construction and major infrastructure projects. He has over 25 years experience in the engineering and construction industry, including 8 years as a practicing civil engineer both in Australia and the UK.
He has developed an excellent reputation for innovative procurement and project delivery advice across a broad range of industry sectors. Adept in diverse project delivery models, Michael applies a common sense approach to identify market risks with chosen models as well as providing guidance on the most appropriate delivery model for any given project.
Michael also provides strategic advice concerning:
· the preparation and evaluation of tenders, risk assessment, risk allocation and contract selection and structuring
· contract administration
· the prevention and management of construction and engineering claims and disputes using various types of dispute resolution.
His unique practical and technical expertise spans the following industries:
· transport (road, rail, airports and shipping ports)
· buildings (hospitals, prisons, high-rise, industrial)
· pipelines and associated infrastructure
· procurement (particularly government, mining, energy and resources).
Michael is active in many legal, engineering and contracting professional bodies such as the Queensland Major Contractors Association. He is an editor of the Australia Construction Law Bulletin (since 2012), authors the highly-regarded National Construction Law Update and is a regular commentator on construction and engineering-related issues.
Michael has been independently recognised as one of Australia's top lawyers in Best Lawyers International (as published in The Australian Financial Review) for Construction / Infrastructure in 2012 – 2015 and Transportation in 2015. He is also ranked on the Australian Doyle's Guide 2012 – 2015 as a 'Leading' Queensland Construction Lawyer.