MinterEllison has advised on the formation of a 50-50 joint venture between Frasers Property Australia and Irongate Group, and its subsequent acquisition of the highly sought-after Bradmill factory site in Yarraville, for development as a major urban regeneration project.
In addition to the joint venture arrangements, MinterEllison assisted the Frasers Property-Irongate JV on all aspects of the acquisition, project finance and tax structuring.
Spanning 26 hectares, the unique site – which housed a former denim factory – called for a tailored planning and development approach.
MinterEllison Partner, Carla Deluca, said the firm was proud to bring its full service offering to this landmark deal for the Frasers Property-Irongate JV.
"We're delighted to have assisted Frasers Property Australia and Irongate Group in their acquisition of the 26-hectare former Bradmill factory site – one of Melbourne's largest land deals in 2021. This deal reflects the strength of Melbourne’s residential market and the strong demand for major urban regeneration sites. We look forward to seeing the Frasers Property-Irongate JV's vision come to life."
The core MinterEllison team was led by Carla Deluca (Partner), and included Louella Stone (Partner), David Chin (Senior Associate), and Georgia Rowell (Associate).
The broader team included:
- Transaction Solutions: Thomas Elkington (Associate)
- Environment & Planning: Amanda Johns (Specialist Consultant), Stephanie Mann (Senior Associate)
- Finance/Funds: Daniel Marks (Partner), Leigh De Jong (Partner), Claire Martin (Associate)
- Tax: Nathan Deveson (Partner), Bastian Gasser (Partner), James Hamblin (Special Counsel), John Russell (Special Counsel), Rebecca Barbour (Senior Associate)
- Dispute Resolution: Amy Southwell (Partner), Catherine Macrae (Partner), Elizabeth Yick (Senior Associate), Troy Iwanyk (Lawyer)
- Real Estate: Stephanie Zemanski (Senior Associate), Annabel Healy (Lawyer)