Before joining MinterEllison in 2006, I spent seven years with one of Australia’s largest financial services businesses in a range of non-legal roles. This gave me a deep understanding of how financial services businesses operate in practice.
I bring tremendous energy and enthusiasm to my work. I especially enjoy working collaboratively with clients to help solve complex problems. I am passionate about taking the time to truly understand the client’s needs and providing clear, practical advice that is focused on achieving commercial outcomes.
- National Australia Bank – helped rationalise and restructure its wealth management business in preparation for the $2.4 billion sale of 80 per cent of its holdings in MLC.
- TAL – advised on the financial services aspects of its $640m acquisition of Suncorp Life and the negotiation of a 20-year strategic alliance agreement for the sale of life insurance products through Suncorp's distribution network.
- AMP – acted on the rationalisation of the AMP and AXA superannuation businesses following the merger of the two companies, which involved the successor fund transfer of several large public offer funds.
- Worked on several significant successor fund transfers, including acting for SPEC Super in its $3.4 billion merger with ESI Super; IBM on its $1.7 billion transfer to AustralianSuper; Westpac Banking Corporation/BT Financial Group in a $1.4 billion amalgamation and merger of several of its funds; and the Reserve Bank of Australia on its $1.3 billion transfer to Sunsuper.
- Regularly assist clients to establish innovative superannuation products, wrap platform products and insurance solutions.