I regularly advise in relation to disputes between shareholders, and in relation to breaches of, and disputes arising from, contracts for supplying goods and services, particularly IT services. My expertise extends to cross-border transactions, including matters involving the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to international supply contracts.
I also have considerable experience in international arbitration, and am on the board of ACICA, the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration.
- Estia Health – defending Estia Health in relation to a class action brought by shareholders alleging breaches of the Corporations Act concerning Estia's funding and operating structures and market guidance
- Citibank executive – acting in defence of cartel proceedings alleging cartel conduct in the context of a capital raising
- Billabong International Limited – acted for the surf company in a class action brought by shareholders regarding allegedly misleading market guidance
- Qantas Group – regularly act for the airline and its loyalty division, including representing Qantas in Federal Court proceedings against Rolls-Royce over the headline Airbus A380 engine failure; defending Qantas in a class action brought by travel agents; and acting for Jetstar in Supreme Court proceedings related to ground-handling services at Singapore Changi Airport
- Bellamy's Australia Limited – acting for the infant formula and food product company in two class actions brought by shareholders regarding allegedly misleading market guidance
- UrbanGrowth NSW and the NSW Minister for Planning – defended claims brought by the Meriton Group alleging breaches of contract and administrative law. This arose in the context of an expression-of-interest land sale process and subsequent NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal proceedings, in which Meriton unsuccessfully sought confidential tender documentation
- MFS Investment Management Limited – represented the company’s non-executive directors in a class action brought by unitholders alleging misleading statements and breaches of directors’ duties
- Conducted arbitration for manufacturers, energy sector joint venturers and insurance companies, pursuant to the ICC and UNCITRAL rules and procedures.
- Co-authored Australia’s contributions to recent international guides on class actions and on recognising and enforcing foreign judgments
- Jointly won the International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration Award while attaining a Master of Laws at New York University
- Praise from clients in Chambers Asia-Pacific: “An excellent litigator – she is responsive, intuitive and very bright”; “She gives full and frank advice behind the scenes and has a good feel for what’s attainable, yet is never afraid to fight your corner”