I am proud of my involvement in the most important decade for overseas investments by Chinese businesses, and enjoy being a bridge between different cultures. This has involved working closely with Chinese investors to conduct and coordinate due diligence, manage auction sales processes and negotiate transaction documentation.
- Baosteel – worked on the acquisition of a 15 per cent interest in Aquila Resources Pty Ltd
- Beijing Gas Group – assisted with the potential acquisition of a 10 per cent working interest in a Canadian liquefied natural gas project, and the potential takeover of a US-listed company that holds coal-bed methane assets in China
- Chalco Hong Kong – advised on the development of a refinery plant, power station and ancillary port in Indonesia, and the proposed acquisition of majority stakes in two bauxite mining operations in Indonesia
- State Development & Investment Corporation (SDIC) – supported SDIC’s investment in a nickel mining operation in Indonesia, as well as a cement plant project in Indonesia and the related acquisition of a limestone mine
- China Metallurgical Group Corporation – acted in relation to its $400 million acquisition of Cape Lambert Iron Ore Limited’s key iron ore project in Western Australia, and its US$1.75 billion construction and installation of an iron ore mine (including engineering equipment purchase) at the Sino Iron Project in Cape Preston, Western Australia – the largest mine construction contract ever awarded to a Chinese company in Australia
- China Mobile – advised on its joint venture with Deutsche Telecom, a transaction witnessed by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.