My expertise spans buy- and sell-side transactions for public and private clients, particularly in the energy and resources, agribusiness and technology sectors.
I also assist with ongoing operational matters such as capital raising, commercial contracting, continuous disclosure, corporate governance, divestments, joint ventures, restructures and regulatory communications.
My particular focus is on inbound investment. I have helped public, private and listed entities navigate the complexities of Australian corporate law, foreign investment regimes and other key regulatory risks.
- China Hanking Holdings Limited – advised on the $300 million sale of its Australian gold mining operations, and its acquisition of the Southern Cross Gold Operations from St Barbara Limited and subsequent Marvel Loch Gold Mine development
- Legend Holdings Corporation – advised on its strategic acquisition of a controlling interest in the Kailis Bros seafood wholesale business
- API Management Pty Ltd (manager of the Australian Premium Iron Joint Venture) – acted in respect of the proposed restructure of its unincorporated joint venture, to separate its mining and infrastructure assets, including undertaking detailed due diligence on the relevant land tenure and infrastructure arrangements, and preparing restructure contracts
- Orion Fund JV Limited – advised in respect of its equity investment and offtake arrangements in relation to Blackham Resources
- Mutiny Gold – advised on a $36 million takeover bid by Doray Minerals
- Baosteel Resources Australia – advised on its successful $1.4 billion joint off-market bid with Aurizon Operations Limited to acquire 100 per cent of Aquila Resources
- Gold Fields Australia – advised on its acquisition of certain Western Australian gold assets from Barrick Gold
- The AA Trust (an entity controlled by Joseph Lewis) – advised on structuring its Australian agricultural investments, and on the structuring and sub-underwriting of AACo’s $300 million capital raising
- Gloucester Coal – provided infrastructure due diligence support regarding its reverse takeover of Yancoal Australia
- Qantas Group – advised for several years and worked on the company’s growth activity, including the acquisition of fly-in-fly-out mining operator Network Aviation; Frequent Flyer’s acquisition of rewards aggregator Wishlist Holdings Limited; and its $750 million reverse takeover of Jetset Travelworld Limited, including the subsequent merger of Jetset Travelworld with Stella Travel Services
- Am a member of the Law Council of Australia’s Corporations Committee (Business Section) and the Australia China Business Council’s Resources Committee