I am a practitioner that is focussed on delivering practical solutions for my clients. I enjoy getting to know my clients' businesses and understanding how their organisations are built around GST, including their systems and processes, the negotiation of transactions and their compliance attributes.
While my main focus is on advising on transactions and the negotiation of transactional documents, I am regularly involved with preparing GST private ruling requests to the ATO and assisting clients with responding to ATO reviews/audits.
I enjoy working in teams (both with clients and internally) and take pride in helping those around me develop.
- AMP: Advised on various matters, including the sale, purchase and leasing of numerous properties (recently Indooroopilly and the Gasworks) and trusts, various developments and associated agreements.
- Alinta: Advised in relation to numerous key transactions including takeover by Chow Tai Fook, acquisition of Loy Yang B power station and acquisition/development of Yandin Wind Farm.
- Brookfield: Advised in relation to the commercial bid for the development of the Pitt Street metro station involving reviewing and negotiating transaction documents.
- DiDi Chuxing: Advised in relation to structuring of Australian 'ride sharing' operations, including reviewing driver and rider terms & conditions.
- HUB24: Advised in relation to the establishment of the HUB24 'investor directed portfolio service' and HUB24 Super products, including reviewing various key framework agreements for GST purposes.
- Stockland: Advised in relation to the Epping project in 2017, involving review of project documents and advised legal and tax teams regarding the GST implications of the project.
- Land and Housing Corporation NSW (LAHC): Acted as a GST adviser to LAHC in relation to the development at Ivanhoe Estate and Telopea and potential 'build to rent' projects. Reviewed project documents and advised the in-house legal team regarding the GST implications for LAHC.
- Department of Veterans' Affairs: Advised in relation to the GST treatment of consultation services by approved orthotists, including assisting with drafting agreement to achieve specific GST treatment.