I am committed to providing my clients with pragmatic solutions to complex and sensitive data management challenges, while balancing regulatory compliance and business, operational and reputational risks.
In addition to this work, I have a strong interest in administrative law and enjoy supporting clients through administrative decision-making and subsequent merits review processes.
- Department of Human Services – prepared privacy impact assessments (PIAs) and advised on information law issues arising from various projects concerning the delivery of Centrelink, Child Support and Medicare payments and supporting systems, including the Welfare Payment Infrastructure Transformation Programme
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade; Department of Immigration and Border Protection – advised and appeared in Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) proceedings, including as solicitor advocate, in relation to applications for review against passports and visa refusal/cancellation decisions
- Prepared PIAs on a number of significant government data-centric initiatives, including the My Health Record system and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) – acted for the ATO in five related AAT appeals against FOI access refusal decisions
- Advised various agencies and entities in relation to FOI requests, including Information Commissioner and AAT reviews, and third party consultation submissions
- Advising aged care providers on aged care regulatory compliance issues