Con is the Co-Head of the MinterEllison M&A/Capital Markets Team and specialises in Public and Private M&A and Corporate Advisory.
Con has significant experience working on M&A transactions across many sectors, with a focus on working for strategic clients – in particular, those listed on the ASX.
Con has a unique understanding of the key challenges facing Boards and C-Suite of ASX listed companies in these transactions, including with respect to managing legal and reputational risks.
Con regularly advises ASX listed companies and their directors on a broad range of corporate advisory matters (including Annual General meetings, continuous disclosure, insider trading and directors’ duties).
Con is a member of the Australian Takeovers Panel, has been ranked in Chambers, Best Lawyers and IFLR1000 and is a member of the Law Council of Australia’s Corporation Committee. In 2023, Con was a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Australian M&A Partner of the Year Award and Dealmaker of the Year award, as well as in the Australasian Law Awards M&A Dealmaker of the Year Award.
Chambers and Partners client testimonial state:
"Con is great to work with on deals because he’s easy to talk to and sound on key issues and always has a commercial lens…..He knows what is market, and what's important in a deal and what's not."
- Viterra: Advising Bunge (NYSE) on the Australian legal aspects of its $34B mega-merger with Viterra.
- Crown Resorts/ Conpress: Advised in relation to numerous matters, including the Sydney Casino bid process, the proposed $10B acquisition by Wynn Resorts' (NASDAQ) and Conpress' $1.7B proposed sale of part of its interest to Melco.
- Cromwell Property: Advised on its response to the $529M proportional takeover bid by Singapore based ARA Asset Management.
- oOh!media: Advised on the acquisition by oOh!media (ASX-listed) on its $570M acquisition of the Adshel outdoor media business from HT&E (ASX-listed) and associated $300M capital raising.
- TEN: Advised on the sale of distressed free-to-air TV network TEN (ASX-listed) to CBS (NYSE-listed).
- CIMIC: Advised CIMIC its successful $525M unsolicited takeover bid for UGL Limited (ASX-listed).
- CIMIC: Advised CIMIC on its $175M unsolicited takeover bid for Macmahon Holdings Limited.
- Urbanest: Advised on the A$2B acquisition sale to Scape Australia, the largest Real Estate M&A transaction recorded in Australia in 2019.
- Seymour Whyte: Advised a bidder in connection with its proposed take-private of the ASX-listed construction group Seymour Whyte.
- Hitachi: Advised Hitachi on its successful A$976M all cash off-market takeover offer for Bradken Limited (ASX listed).