My practice encompasses commercial, residential, retail and industrial property developments and transactions; complex strata and community schemes; aged-care and retirement villages; hotels and tourism; and leasing.
I have extensive experience advising on stamp duty and tax effective structures, foreign investment, joint ventures, and other contractual and financing arrangements, including for property trusts.
I regularly speak at industry conferences, and have served on the advisory committees of the Property Council of Australia, the Property Industry Foundation and the Urban Development Institute of Australia. I have twice been named Lawyers Weekly ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in Seniors Living and Retirement Villages.
- Ping An Insurance – advised on its 50 per cent acquisition in a joint venture with Mitsubishi and Lendlease to develop a landmark tower at Circular Quay
- Stockland Corporation Limited (with the Galileo Group) – worked on the $686 million bid for Woolworths Limited’s sale of its Masters portfolio of properties
- AMP – advised on its joint venture with the Mirvac Group on the acquisition, construction and leasing of a $600 million development at 200 George Street, Sydney
- Walker Corporation – advised on its redevelopment of waterfront land at Rhodes in NSW. This was an $800 million project that involved remediating and redeveloping a paint factory site into a mixed-use, high-rise residential and commercial village
- Fortius Funds Management – advised on the sales of 420 George St, Sydney, and the MidCity Centre
- Nuveen – advised on purchasing a half share of 101 Miller Street and Greenwood Plaza in North Sydney for more than $300 million, the purchase of 20 Hunter Street, Sydney, and the sale of Mt Ommaney Shopping Centre for $285 million.<
- Lendlease – advised on the acquisition of a number of retirement villages, contract simplification and the ongoing legal management of its retirement village portfolio
- Macquarie Group – advised on the proposed acquisition of the DCA Group’s aged-care business and on the $641 million acquisition of the Zig Inge retirement village portfolio
- Mirvac Group – advised on the sale of its hotel management business, 47 hotels and various associated investments to a consortium comprising AccorHotels Asia Pacific and Ascendas
- Investa, Westpac and ANZ - drafted suites of national lease precedents