My clients value my assistance with their day-to-day procurement and construction activities. This help includes setting up user friendly, robust contract template suites and managing disputes with contractors and subcontractors.
Known as a reliable and calm problem-solver with a broad knowledge base, I take an active interest in my clients’ businesses and the broader construction, resources and government sectors. I am particularly interested in the impact of emerging technologies such as ICT contracting and autonomous vehicles.
- Queensland Government – advised on major infrastructure projects, including railways to open up emerging coal basins (the Surat Basin Railway) and significant road projects (the Logan Enhancement Project)
- Anglo American; Rio Tinto – supported key resources clients with major expansion projects, including the Grosvenor metallurgical coal mine for Anglo American and the Amrun bauxite mine for Rio Tinto (working through planning, procurement, construction and the management of disputes)
- Gladstone Area Water Board; Seqwater; Stanwell Corporation – worked with the leading government-owned infrastructure providers on major construction and procurement activities across a range of water and power infrastructure
- Drafted and negotiated major mining services agreements
- Worked on a range of international resources projects, including a world-first sea-floor mining project
- Led electronic contracting and tendering projects
- Lectured on construction law at the University of Queensland, am part of the Infrastructure Association of Queensland and contribute to thought leadership in construction law