In addition to large corporates, my clients include high net wealth individuals and privately owned groups in Australia and abroad. I work with these clients to help structure their wealth ownership in a way that tax-effectively achieves their succession planning and asset protection objectives.
I have obtained a number of favourable formal rulings from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), including in relation to large-scale corporate transactions.
- 7-Eleven – worked on the acquisition of Mobil Australia’s fuel retail network
- Millennium Services Group – assisted with its internal restructure and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange
- Gloucester Coal – advised on the tax issues associated with its $8 billion merger with Yancoal Australia, which included returns of capital, payment of dividends, capital gains tax rollovers, issuing certain classes of securities, and negotiations with the ATO
- Davies Collison Cave and FPA Patent Attorneys – provided tax advice in the context of restructuring those firms
- QANTM Intellectual Property Limited – assisted with the initial public offering process
- Federation Centres – provided guidance in relation to its merger with Novion Property Group
- Private client groups – acted in relation to their broader group structure, in the context of governance and succession planning
- Acted in the role of Young Lawyer Programme Officer for the International Bar Association Taxes Committee since 2017
- Held several speaking roles at International Bar Association Annual Conferences, in addition to other speaking engagements