I am passionate about seeking to understand the competitive dynamics our clients face in their respective markets, and to working closely with them to develop innovative solutions to best meet their business needs.
I have deep experience advising clients across a range of diverse industry sectors including: financial services, automotive, ports, logistics, gambling, health, pharmaceuticals, government, fuel, gas, electricity, insurance, fast moving consumer goods, grocery, infrastructure and construction, agribusiness, telecommunications, information technology and aviation.
- Toll Holdings in relation to the sale of its coastal shipping business in FNQ and the NT to Sea Swift, associated merger authorisation proceedings in the Tribunal which resulted in a comprehensive judgment by the Tribunal in favour of the merger parties.
- CrownBet - contesting the proposed $11 billion merger of Australia's two largest wagering market participants, Tabcorp and Tatts
- Advised Tooltechnic on the first RPM notification
- Advising a senior executive charged in the high-profile criminal cartel prosecution against ANZ/Citibank/Deutsche Bank and executives
- Cryosite in the ACCC's first 'gun-jumping' proceedings (noting, MinterEllison did not advise Cyrosite on conduct that is the subject of proceedings).
- Unlockd in proceedings against Google for misuse of market power, including successfully obtaining an interim injunction - first case involving new Australian market power prohibitions.
- Port of Melbourne privatisation - advising on economic regulatory aspects of the privatisation
- Victorian Department of Primary Industries competition and regulatory issues in relation to the relocation of Melbourne Wholesale Market
- Qantas (as intervener) in proceedings brought by Virgin Blue in the Australian Competition Tribunal seeking declaration of Sydney International Airport under Part IIIA of the Trade Practices Act
- BG Group - the first ever 15 year no-coverage application under s.151 of the National Gas Law for the proposed Curtis LNG project gas pipeline
- GPC Asia Pacific - acquisition of the business of Coventry Automotive Parts
- Shell Company of Australia / Viva Energy Australia - acquisition of Liberty Oil Holdings
- One of five ‘elite’ competition practices in Australia listed in the Global Competition Review (GCR) 100 (2011-present)
- Shortlisted by GCR in the GCR Global Awards for 'Regional Firm of the Year – Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa)' in 2019, ‘Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa’ in 2018 (Tabcorp / Tatts) and in 2017 (Toll / Sea Swift), winner of ‘Innovation in Expanding Clients’ Business’ award at the 2017 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards Asia
In addition to my client work, I am the Chair of the Competition and Consumer Law Committee of the Law Council of Australia and serve on the National Board of MinterEllison.