I am MinterEllison's Japan Practice Leader and am a trusted adviser to my clients on their public and private M&A transactions, strategic joint ventures and a broad range of corporate, commercial and governance matters. I regularly advise both foreign and domestic clients across a broad range of sectors including Energy & Resources, Renewables, Tech and FMCG and focus on advising Japanese corporates on their Australian investments and operations.
I also frequently advise my clients on foreign investment regulation and dealings with Government in relation to FIRB and ACCC.
I have law degrees from both Kobe University in Japan and the Australian National University and, as a result, work seamlessly in Japanese and English and have a deep understanding of Japanese business and culture ‒ attributes that my clients value highly. I am practically minded and a strong communicator who enjoys working closely with my clients to help them achieve their commercial and strategic objectives.
- Advised TAL Dai-ichi Life on its $725 million acquisition of Suncorp's life insurance business.
- Advised Hitachi on its $975 million takeover of Bradken.
- Advising Nomura Research Institute on the acquisition of AUSIEX from Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Advised Nippon Life Insurance Company on its $2.4 billion acquisition of 80% of MLC.
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation on its acquisition and divestment of the TRILITY water business.
- Advised Kirin on its $6.3 billion takeover of Lion Nathan.
- Advised Fuji Xerox on its $375 million acquisition of the business process outsourcing business from Salmat Limited.
- Advised Peabody on the its joint venture of the Wambo and United mines with Glencore.
- Advised Sumitomo on its investment into Relialytics, an Australian AI start up.
- Advised ITOCHU on the sale of its interest in Burra Foods.