I enjoy working closely with clients to meet their commercial objectives. I explain complex tax and stamp duty issues in a manner that is easy to understand, and add value by assisting clients structure their investments effectively from a tax and commercial perspective.
- Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust – advised on its $1.013 billion acquisition of GIC’s and Frasers Property Australia Pty Limited’s Australian logistics property portfolio
- SB&G Hotel Group – assisted with its $500 million hotel portfolio acquisition from Eureka Funds Management, including the InterContinental Melbourne, Crowne Plaza Melbourne, Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach, Crowne Plaza Canberra and Holiday Inn Potts Point
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Company Limited – acted in its successful $976.1 million takeover bid for Bradken Limited
- Federation Centres – advised on its merger with Novion Property Group, which created Vicinity Centres, Australia's leading fully diversified retail REIT
- The University of Melbourne – advised on the development and construction of the 'Carlton Connect Initiative', a precinct comprising an innovation and industry collaboration hub for the University and a graduate student accommodation facility
- Regularly advising insurers on M&A tax risks for the purposes of warranty and indemnity insurance policies