As a strategic adviser to public and private company boards, independent directors and government bodies, I take a commercial and practical approach to advising my clients in complex corporate matters. I draw heavily on a prior lengthy in-house secondment as general counsel of Minara Resources (formerly Anaconda Nickel).
I am also a director of Her Heart Limited, a not-for-profit organisation promoting awareness of heart disease in women.
- Mayne Pharma – $888 million underwritten placement and pro rata accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer
- Webjet Limited – $72 million fully underwritten pro-rata accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer
- Education Australia Limited – $660 million initial public offering and ASX listing of IDP Education Australia Limited
- Brandon Capital Partners – legal adviser to Australia’s largest life sciences and medical technology fund, the Medical Research Commercialisation Fund, managed by Brandon
- Colonial Group Limited – issue of Colonial Group Subordinated Notes, which raised approximately $1 billion, and listing on the ASX
- AusNet Services – first ever ASX listed bond issue, successfully issuing €500m worth of bonds under its global US$5 billion Medium Term Notes (MTN) program.
- Spinifex Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd and its major shareholder Brandon Capital – sale of Spinifex to Swiss-based pharmaceutical giant Novartis
- Village Roadshow Limited - spin-off listing of Austereo Group Limited - market capitalisation of $900+ million.
- Yancoal Australia – advised Gloucester Coal on its $8 billion merger with Yanzhou Coal Mining and its wholly owned subsidiary Yancoal Australia by scheme of arrangement
- University of Melbourne – helped establish the Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative, advising on the funding, appropriate governance structures and regulatory arrangements