Beyond his day-to-day practice, John is also very active in the derivatives industry. He is chair of the Australian Securitisation Forum's OTC derivatives committee, and in that capacity, lobbied Australian regulators in respect of proposed derivatives regulation arising out of the G20 Pittsburgh Summit, including trade reporting and margining.
- Advised MKM Capital Pty Ltd on the documentation of its securitisation trust.
- Advised Hertz on the securitisation of its Australian rental vehicle fleet.
- Advised the mezzanine financiers on a number of asset-based warehouse facilities made available to the Pepper group.
- Represented Suncorp in respect of its AMTN program, EMTN program and US CP Program.
- Represented Nissan in respect of its AMTN program.