I also advise some of the world’s leading institutional investors on fund investments, co-investments, venture capital, private equity, joint ventures, and other alternative investment products.
- Advised on the establishment of Australian funds (in the form of unit trusts, VCLPs, ESVCLPs and multi-vehicle funds) for Australian fund managers and other institutions, including Acorn Capital, Advent Private Capital, Hawkstone Asia Pacific, iQX Investment Services, Starfish Ventures, Tanarra Capital, and Westbourne Capital.
- Advised on the establishment of international private equity and venture funds (in the form of limited partnerships and other entities established in offshore jurisdictions) for global fund managers, including AIF Capital, Baring Private Equity Asia, CDH Investments, Credit Suisse, Navis Capital Partners, and Orchid Asia.
- Advised institutions such as the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, Coles Financial Services, the Future Fund, HarbourVest Partners, and QSuper, in relation to their private direct investments (including venture capital, private equity, infrastructure, real estate, joint ventures, and alternative assets).
- Advised private and institutional investors, including the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, Franklin Templeton, the Future Fund, GSA Global, IFM Investors, the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector, KIC, and Shinsei Bank, on their investments into private funds.
- Advised organisations including BlueBay Asset Management, the Future Fund, IFM Investors, and Westbourne Capital, on investment mandates and investment management agreements.
- Advised clients such as AIF Capital, IFM Investors, Morgan Stanley, and Stahl Associates, on aspects of their carried interest, employee remuneration or profit sharing arrangements.
John is admitted to practice law in Australia, England and Wales and the State of New York.