I am very focussed on achieving the best outcomes for my clients and working with them to successfully complete M&A transactions.
I come from a family business background and have an innate understanding of the commercial context in which our clients seek legal advice.
I am also experienced in directors' duties and advising boards having completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors' Course and an MSc in law and finance at the University of Oxford (Lady Margaret Hall).
- Advised Elders Limited on its $187M acquisition of AIRR Holdings Limited by way of scheme of arrangement and its $137M capital raising
- Advised CDH Investments and China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings Limited on their A$1.90bn join takeover for ASX listed Sirtex Medical Limited
- Advised SPH REIT and Moelis Australia on its A$206m joint venture acquisition of an 100% interest in Figtree Grove Shopping Centre in New South Wales
- Advised the Cross Yarra Partnership Consortium on the $6billion Metro Tunnel – Tunnel and Stations PPP. Advised in relation to the equity aspects of the project
- Advised Viva Energy Australia Pty Ltd (Viva) on its acquisition of the remaining 50 per cent interest in Liberty Oil Holdings Pty Ltd (Liberty). As a part of the transaction, the assets of Liberty’s retail business will be separated and transferred to a new company. Viva will hold a 50 per cent interest in the new retail company
- Advised The Kraft Heinz Company on its A$290m acquisition of Cerebos Pacific Limited's food and instant coffee business including iconic brands such as Gravox, SAXA, Fountain and Foster Clark's
- Advised Ladbrokes Coral Group in relation to its acquisition of Neds, an online racing and sports betting company for up to $95million
- Advised Evans & Partners in relation to its strategic merger with Dixon Advisory Group. The transaction involved negotiation of complex transaction documents and two warranty and indemnity insurance regimes
- Advised Evans Dixon Limited (Evans Dixon, ASX:ED1) on the $53.9m acquisition of Fort Street Advisers (Fort Street), and a 30% interest in the issued share capital of Fort Street Capital
- Advised Helloworld on its acquisition of the Magellan Group which involved extremely complex structuring and bare trust arrangements
- Advised Helloworld on the acquisition of a 50% stake in Mobile Travel Holdings, a leading Australian home based travel consultancy business. The transaction included a placement to institutional investors to fund the acquisition
- Advised Plenary on the investment by Caisse de dépôt et placement de Québec in five local public-private partnerships managed by Plenary Group, including the Melbourne Convention Centre and Australian Defence Force accommodation units
- Advised Plenary Group Holdings Pty Ltd and Plenary Group Pty Ltd as trustee for the Plenary Group Unit Trust in relation to the acquisition by an investment vehicle of Caisse de dépôt et placement de Québec of a 20% equity interest in the Plenary Group, including advising on the implementation of an internal corporate restructure in preparation for the acquisition
- Advised H.I.G. Capital LLC on the Australian aspects of H.I.G Capital LLC's acquisition of the Recochem Group, a leading manufacturer and marketer of transportation and household fluids in North America and Asia Pacific
- Advised H.I.G. Capital LLC on the Australian aspects of H.I.G Capital LLC's acquisition of the Correct Care Solutions Group, an international leader in public healthcare providing healthcare services to correctional facilities in the United States and Australia
- Authored ACLA (March 2015, Volume 25 – Issue 1): Do Transactional Lawyers Actually Add Value?