I am very focussed on achieving the best outcomes for my clients and working with them to successfully complete M&A transactions.
I come from a family business background and have an innate understanding of the commercial context in which our clients seek legal advice.
I am also experienced in directors' duties and advising boards having completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors' Course and an MSc in law and finance at the University of Oxford (Lady Margaret Hall).
- Advised SPH REIT and Moelis Australia on its A$206m joint venture acquisition of an 100% interest in Figtree Grove Shopping Centre in New South Wales
- Acted for Cross Yarra Partnership Consortium in respect of the $6billion Metro Tunnel and Stations PPP. Advised in relation to the equity aspects of the project
- Acted for The Kraft Heinz Company on the A$290m acquisition of Cerebos Pacific Limited's food and instant coffee business including iconic brands such as Gravox, SAXA, Fountain and Foster Clark's
- Advised Evans & Partners in relation to its strategic merger with Dixon Advisory Group. The transaction involved negotiation of complex transaction documents and two warranty and indemnity insurance regimes
- Acted for Evans Dixon Limited (Evans Dixon, ASX:ED1) on the $53.9m acquisition of Fort Street Advisers (Fort Street), and a 30% interest in the issued share capital of Fort Street Capital
- Advised Helloworld on its acquisition of the Magellan Group which involved extremely complex structuring and bare trust arrangements. Also advised Helloworld on the acquisition of a 50% stake in Mobile Travel Holdings, a leading Australian home based travel consultancy business. The transaction included a placement to institutional investors to fund the acquisition
- Advised Ladbrokes Coral Group in relation to its acquisition of Neds, an online racing and sports betting company for up to $95m
- Acted on the Caisse investment of A$139m in five local public-private partnerships managed by Plenary Group, including the Melbourne Convention Centre and Australian Defence Force accommodation units.
- Advised Plenary Group Holdings Pty Ltd and Plenary Group Pty Ltd as trustee for the Plenary Group Unit Trust in relation to the acquisition by an investment vehicle of Caisse de dépôt et placement de Québec of a 20% equity interest in the Plenary Group for a subscription price of $58.5m, including advising on the implementation of an internal corporate restructure in preparation for the acquisition
- Advised CDH Investments and China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings Limited on the due diligence aspects of their A$1.90bn join takeover for ASX listed Sirtex Medical Limited.
- Authored ACLA (March 2015, Volume 25 – Issue 1): Do Transactional Lawyers Actually Add Value?