My commercial experience and interest in sustainability help inform my current work with corporates, not-for-profit and emerging social enterprise clients. I strive to create shared value, collaborating across the corporate, government, not-for-profit and education sectors working with others to develop innovative approaches to tackling social and environmental issues.
I lead the MinterEllison Pro Bono and Community Investments programs and in this role, I develop partnerships with clients who are seeking to amplify their social impact through engaging with charities and social enterprises, working on social business models, impact investment and social finance and developing cross sector collaboration.
I also advise a number of social enterprise clients on corporate and financial structures so that they can take advantage of capital and funding streams and corporate and government partnerships. I am on the ISO and Standard Australia’s Technical Working Groups for Green and Sustainable Finance. This engagement enables me to provide clients with up to date information about sustainable finance, local market and global trends.
- Worked on landmark real estate projects that are changing Australia’s city skylines, including King Street Wharf, Central Barangaroo, Luna Park and World Square in Sydney, and Melbourne Convention Centre
- Assisted with market-leading transactions, including Morgan Stanley’s $4 billion takeover of Investa, the Melbourne Convention Centre public–private partnership (PPP), the South East Queensland schools PPP, Pittwater Private Hospital, the Zig Inge retirement village portfolio, the sale of Macarthur Intermodal Shipping Terminal, and shopping centre developments such as Top Ryde and Claremont
- Advised on major corporate financings, including Singtel Optus’s $1.5 billion syndicated financing; Brookfield’s C$360 million syndicated financing led by Toronto Dominion; and Alliance Pulse Processors Inc.’s C$363.5 million syndicated financing, which included a Canadian dollar accordion facility and related Canadian dollar bond issues
- Act for non-bank lenders Metrics Capital Partners, MaxCap and Alceon on real estate finance transactions.
- Handle Silicon Valley Bank and Pacific Western Bank receivables and working capital financings for Australian and global technology companies
- Serve as MinterEllison’s Sydney Pro Bono and Community Investment Partner, which involves coordinating the firm’s pro bono strategy and leading our passionate community investment ambassadors and staff members on interesting community investment projects
- Worked with not-for-profit clients such as Adara Group, Mission Australia and Salvos Legal, and corporate client foundations such as the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation
- Assisted with the development and growth of social enterprises that combine business discipline with social impact, including Vanguard Laundry Services in Toowoomba
- Helped corporate and not-for-profit clients and charity partners pursue exciting and innovative social sector issues, and amplify their social impact
- Served on not-for-profit boards seeking to develop innovative social programs, including efficient fundraising and technology solutions
- Combined my passion for football and law by serving on the Sydney Olympic Football Club board and Football NSW’s Legal and Regulatory subcommittee
Current board positions
- Westpac Foundation, a leading foundation providing scholarships and supporting social changemakers
- White Box Enterprises, a social enterprise incubator and advisory business
- Sea Mercy Australia, a disaster relief charity operating in the Pacific region
- Plus One - company secretary of a platform which provides corporate learning and development opportunities to emerging not for profit leaders
- MothersBabies - acting chair of a health promotion charity funding research with the Microbiome Research Centre and UNSW into the microbiome and impacts on the health of mothers and babies
- Enablr Fundraising, an on-line low cost donation platform (operating as a Public Ancillary Fund) combined with a BCorp technology company providing digital solutions to the not-for-profit sector
- Football NSW, Legal & Regulatory Board sub-committee
- Business Alliance to End Homelessness (steering committee)
- Member of International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) and Standards Australia Technical Working Groups on Environmental Management Systems and Green and Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Member Queensland Social Enterprise Council (Navigators Group)
- Member NSW/ACT Social Enterprise Council.