I advise many Australian and international clients in IPOs/ASX listings and capital raisings, takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and project exploration and development.
As a Leader within the Firm's China Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Group, I advise China's State-owned and private enterprises in takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs/ASX listings and joint ventures / alliances. I have advised on and obtained clearance from the Foreign Investment Review Board in a number of high-profile and sensitive M&A transactions.
I also am the author and editor of respected handbooks on International Securities laws and regularly present on developments in M&A and foreign investment law.
- 7-Eleven Stores' acquisition of the Mobil's national network of 280 retail service station sites
- Yanzhou Coal / Yancoal $8 billion merger with Gloucester Coal
- China Nuclear Power Corporation takeover acquisition of Extract Resources' $2 billion Husab Uranium Project
- Cheung Kong Infrastructure's $2 billion takeover acquisition of Envestra
- COFCO Corporation takeover acquisition of Tully Sugar
- Beingmate Baby & Child Food Co's global alliance with Fonterra Co-operative
- Mineral Deposits' A$800M demerger of Sabodala Gold Project and IPO and ASX/TSX listing of Teranga Gold
- Nippon Paper's $700 million acquisition of Paperlinx's Australian Paper mill and manufacturing business
- Rail America and Freight Australia's acquisition of V Line Freight from the State of Victoria
- Pasminco Group administrators' reconstruction and IPO/ASX-listing of the Pasminco Group
- IPO and secondary raisings for Computershare, Oakton, Mineral Deposits and Bendigo Mining
- Advisory for China State Construction, PowerChina Corporation, Shanghai Electric Power, Zijin Mining, SinoChem, Beijing Coal, McConnell Dowell Corporation, Utility Services Group and Australian Paper
- Advisory for Blackwood Capital, Gresham Rabo, Hastings Funds Management and Unitas / CCMP Capital Asia
Awards and Recognition
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A - Chambers Global: 2013
- Recognised as an Australian-based China expert.
- Recommended, Mining - Best Lawyers: 2015, 2016, 2017