My strengths are in working with other specialist groups within MinterEllison (including MinterEllison's construction and infrastructure teams) to deliver complex real estate and infrastructure projects. I have particular interest and expertise in urban renewal projects as well as in build to rent developments - an emerging sector in the Australian market.
I bring a commercial lens to my clients who include various Australian Government entities, Australian and international fund managers, developers and investors and take pride in my ability to find novel solutions to complex problems often encountered during major transactions. My practice spans the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of commercial and industrial property, as well as Government and private sector developments and urban renewal projects.
- Commonwealth Bank Place: acted for Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to the redevelopment and lease from Lendlease and the ADIA of its 60,000 square metre office precinct at Commonwealth Bank Place, Darling Quarter.
- Pathways to Community Living (Stage 2): acting for Health Infrastructure NSW in relation to the statewide Pathways to Community Living Initiative, involving the delivery and long term operation by third party CHPs of community-based facilities for the accommodation, treatment and care of people with severe and persistent mental illness within NSW.
- Garden Island: Fleet Base East: acted for NSW Roads and Maritime Services in relation to the ongoing critical infrastructure recovery works at Fleet Base East, Garden Island and in relation to the renegotiation and extension of the Department of Defence's existing tenure arrangements at Garden Island and the surrounding naval waters.
- North Shore Health Hub: acted for the Dexus Healthcare Wholesale Property Fund in relation to the acquisition and development of the North Shore Health Hub, St Leonards.
- QLD Treasury Build to Rent Pilot Project: acted for Mirvac on its successful bid to deliver QLD's first build to rent project, incorporating both affordable housing and market housing and using the State's new subsidy structure.
- Community Housing Redevelopment Program: acting for NSW Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) in relation to the Community Housing Redevelopment Program, a novel pilot program under which LAHC engages CHPs to redevelop aging existing social housing stock across New South Wales into new medium density mixed tenure developments, to operate as build-to-rent projects under long term leasehold concessions.
- Communities Plus: Redfern: acting for LAHC on the urban renewal of a social housing project in Redfern as part of LAHC's 'Communities Plus' program, to comprise the first build to rent PPP in Australia.
- Sydney Metro Northwest: acted for Landcom and Sydney Metro in relation to the sale and future development of developable government land at Kellyville Metro Station and Hills Showground Metro Station.
- Jessie Street Centre: acted for Brookfield on the sale of Jessie Street Centre, Parramatta to Charter Hall and GIC.
- Stockland – M_Park: acted for Stockland in relation to the acquisition from Johnson & Johnson of 1-5 Khartoum Road, North Ryde and the negotiation of transaction documentation for the lease of Johnson & Johnson's new head office at Stockland's M_Park.