Max’s practice combines the unusual mix of both:
(a) transactional work (purchasers and sales); and
(b) development work (building and centre builds and refurbishments); and
(c) complex, standard and stream lease work,
in each of the commercial, retail and industrial sectors.
Max has a national reputation for the capable handling of large portfolios and his clients include AMP, ANZ, Brookfield, CBA, Challenger, Charter Hall, Dexus, GPT, Lendlease, Pacific, QIC and Vicinity Centres.
- Max has established many suites of national precedent documents and was the author of the first truly national retail lease.
- Document suites drafted by Max include suites for ANZ, Brookfield, CBA, Challenger, Charter Hall, Dexus, GPT, IAG, Lendlease, MAB, Pacific, QIC and Vicinity Centres.
- Max has been involved in the purchase, sale and transfer of many of Victoria’s principal properties and retail centres, including:
- 101, 167-173, 175-177, 294-296, 303, 333, 350, 356, 411, 425, 459, 500, 530, 655, 700 and 720-750 Collins Street;
- 546-560, and 628 and 750 Bourke Street; 15 and 163-185 William Street; 55 and 397-405 King Street;
- 20-26, 43-51,103 and 191 Queen Street;
- 172-192 and 452 Flinders Street; 189-195 Flinders Lane;
- 409, 417, 441, 457, 469, 484, 509, 580, 601 and 615 and 636 St Kilda Road; and
- Queen Victoria Hospital; Coles Group Limited headquarters; Eastland Shopping Centre; Dandenong and Greensborough Plazas; Knox City Shopping Centre; Stud Park Shopping Centre; Forest Hill Shopping Centre; Karrinyup Shopping Centre; Mornington Village Shopping Centre; Quayside Balmoral Shopping Centre; QV Melbourne; Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre and the iconic Queen Victoria Complex.
- Max is a regular speaker for the Property Council of Australia on lease and related issues.
- Max regularly chairs industry conferences including for Legalwise.
- Max is the author of the MinterEllison retail legislation compendium which is now entering its 7th edition.