I also advise Australian and international clients in relation to corporate governance, ASX Listing Rule and Corporations Act issues. My deep cross-sector transactional experience means I have a strong understanding of the law, tactics and market trends.
I have a diverse practice advising domestic and foreign clients on a broad range of corporate matters with a particular focus on public takeovers (both friendly and hostile) and schemes of arrangement for both vendors and purchasers.
I regularly act for private equity clients in relation to take-privates, special situations, competitive sale/auction processes, bolt-ons, roll-ups, restructurings, incentive plans and loan to own arrangements including convertible notes and other strategies.
I advise clients on corporate governance matters as well as Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rule and foreign investment law issues and regularly deal with the various corporate regulators: ASIC, ASX, FIRB and the Takeovers Panel.
I also have extensive experience acting in relation to all aspects of private M&A transactions.
I advise across the range of industry sectors including infrastructure, private equity and technology.
I enjoy getting to know my clients and their businesses so that I can help them by leading the delivery of the most relevant legal advice that is informed by deep industry experience and a focus on a clear commercial outcome.
I am a fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Pacific Equity Partners: in relation to its takeover of Zenith Energy Limited in consortium with Infrastructure Capital Group and OPTrust by scheme of arrangement.
- Centerbridge Partners: Advised in relation to its commitment to restructure and recapitalise ASX listed Speedcast International Ltd out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- CSG Limited: Advised on Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd's takeover of CSG Limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Coltrane Asset Management LLP: Advised with respect to the unconditional cash and scrip follow-on takeover by Downer EDI Service Pty Ltd of Spotless Group Holdings Limited.
- Inner Mongolia Mengniu Dairy: in relation to its acquisition of the Lion Dairy and Drinks business from Kirin following a competitive sale process.
- KordaMentha: in relation to the receivership of Blue Sky Alternative Investments and arrangements with Oaktree Capital Partners as major creditor.
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P.: on one of Australia's most complex recapitalisations involving the restructure of in excess of US$700 million debt of Boart Longyear by way of two creditor schemes of arrangement and shareholder approval. The matter was contested by a group of creditors and by two related shareholders and involved several court hearings, two successful appeals before the NSW Supreme Court and a Court ordered mediation.
- Hometown America Corporation: on its $900m take-private of Gateway Lifestyle Group, a land lease community business, and associated restructuring. The acquisition was unsolicited and involved Brookfield as a rival bidder.
- Wattle Hill Capital and ROC Partners: two Australian private equity funds, in relation to their $190m takeover by way of scheme of arrangement for Capilano Honey Limited which won Consumer M&A Deal of the Year at the Mergermarket awards.
- Baring Private Equity Asia: Advised on the A$1.2 billion buyout and take-private of ASX listed SAI Global Limited.
- CIMIC Group Limited: in relation to its $524m hostile takeover bid for UGL Limited and its hostile takeover bid for Macmahon Holdings Limited.
- Grays eCommerce Group Limited: in relation to the $180m scheme of arrangement with Eclipx Group Limited.
- Northill Capital LLP: in relation to its acquisition of Hastings Funds Management from Westpac Banking Corporation.
- Fullshare Holdings Limited: the listed Hong Kong conglomerate in relation to its $100m investments in the child care industry – its first investments in Australia.