I have extensive experience advising domestic and foreign clients in the Built Environment sector, with a deep focus on the Construction & Engineering, Infrastructure and Leisure & Gaming industries.
I enjoy developing deal strategy and tactics on complex transactions and negotiating solutions to challenging and novel problems.
I get to know my clients and their businesses so that I can help them achieve their strategic objectives and manage risks effectively. Clients value my commercial knowledge, ability to perform in high-pressure situations, and the leadership I show in managing complex deals.
My clients have included Consolidated Press Holdings, Crown Resorts, Steinhoff Asia Pacific, CIMIC, John Holland, Samsung C&T, Ferrovial, TSA Management, Airlie Funds Management, Grays eCommerce, GrainCorp, McCain Foods and AIG.
- Advising Steinhoff Asia Pacific in connection with its A$361 million takeover of ASX-listed Fantastic Holdings Limited.
- Advising CIMIC in connection with its A$174 million hostile takeover of the ASX-listed mining construction contractor Macmahon Holdings and CIMIC's subsequent divestment of its 23% stake in ASX-listed Macmahon Holdings by way of block trade.
- Advising Grays eCommerce Group Limited as the target in connection with ASX-listed Eclipx Group's A$178 million takeover by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Steinhoff Asia Pacific in connection with various matters relating to financial irregularities identified with respect to its Frankfurt Stock Exchange listed parent Steinhoff International.
- Advising the receivers and managers of Ten Network Holdings Limited, PPB Advisory, on its sale to US-television network CBS.
- Advising the shareholders of Airlie Funds Management on their all-scrip sale to ASX-listed Magellan Financial Group.
- Advising the shareholders of engineering services firm TSA Management on its sale to private equity fund Livingbridge.
- Advising the shareholders of property valuation firm MVS National on its merger of ASX-listed LandMark White Limited.
- Advising a bidder in relation to the proposed acquisition of the Australian business of Laing O'Rourke.
- Advising GrainCorp on its A$140 million North American 'greenfield' joint venture with Zen-Noh.