My experience covers all aspects of the international energy and resources industry, including strategy and risk management; complex contracting and procurement; joint ventures and partnering; mergers and acquisitions; equity and debt capital financing; dispute management and resolution; and regulatory and compliance issues.
I have an established track record in working with management teams, advising boards of listed public companies, and helping clients in challenging legal jurisdictions.
- Australian offshore LNG development – acted as lead legal counsel in negotiating venture-related documentation, including joint operating agreements, condensate and gas lifting agreements, and unitisation agreements
- EPC projects in Australia and Asia – was lead counsel in reviewing, drafting and negotiating numerous international offshore and onshore oil and gas construction contracts, with contract values up to $500 million
- An independent exploration and production company based in Geneva – developed and led the company’s in-house legal and commercial functions, from start-up and asset acquisition to operational development and public listing
- Oil and gas exploration assets – negotiated corporate acquisitions and asset farm-ins to obtain interests in assets located in Asia, West Africa and the Middle East, including negotiating with government authorities
- Senegal/Guinea-Bissau, Republic of Congo and Gabon – was lead counsel in negotiating, drafting and finalising successful bids for the award (and extension) of oil and gas permits
- Seismic acquisition and well-drilling programs – was lead legal adviser in finalising onshore and offshore seismic programs throughout Asia, Iraq and West Africa
- An oil-producing asset in Gabon – advised on the review and negotiation of a unitisation agreement
- Exploration acreage in southern Iraq – led negotiations and prepared documentation for a hybrid corporate investment and farm-in arrangement relating to a seismic option agreement and heavy and light oil production sharing contracts
- Republic of Congo – managed negotiations and documentation for a farm in deal relating to these blocks
- Nigeria – negotiated and drafted a farm-in arrangement for an offshore oil field in partnership with local Nigerian companies
- Northern Iraq – handled negotiations and drafting for a farm-in arrangement, including negotiating with the relevant ministries of the Kurdistan Regional Government and securing suitable governance agreements