Prior to my recent move to MinterEllison, I was the Global Banking and Capital Markets Assurance Leader at a Big 4 accounting firm and a partner for almost 30 years in their financial services practice.
During this time, I was entrusted with a number of firm and major client leadership roles in Australia, Canada and globally where I operated as an auditor and as a consultant.
- Global lead audit partner for Commonwealth Bank, Reserve Bank of Australia, Royal Bank of Canada and Westpac Banking Corporation
- Provided a variety of advisory services to Adelaide Bank, ANZ, Bank of India, DBS Singapore, NAB, Suncorp, TD Bank and Westpac Banking Corporation
- Advised the ABA on several industry related issues
- Served as Audit Quality Assurance Partner for Macquarie Bank and National Broadband Network (Australia)
- Led a six month consulting engagement in Mumbai to restructure Bank of India
- Acted as Quality Assurance Partner on the well-publicised investigation into National Australia Bank's foreign currency option losses
- Provided a range of forensic accounting and litigation support services to major banks in Australia, especially in relation to treasury and trading operations
Associations and affiliations
- FCA – Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia & New Zealand;
- FCA – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales;
- Former Finance Director of Madeline Foundation, a charity registered in New South Wales
*not an Australian legal practitioner