I have a strong focus on cross border transactional work and funding issues. Many of the matters I work on involve advising on tax issues associated with cross border transactions, including funding and profit repatriation, as well as advising on FIRB related tax queries.
I also advise companies on their remuneration arrangements, including the availability of share plan concessions and provide advice to domestic private groups and high net worth individuals, including in relation to key tax concessions available to small business.
As a qualified Chartered Accountant, I am able to engage with my clients on matters beyond the tax law to ensure that I provide them a holistic and commercial solution.
- University of Melbourne (Carlton Connect Initiative): Advised the University of Melbourne in relation to a 42 year development and lease deal with Lendlease, Government Investment Corporation of Singapore and Urbanest for development of 40,000 square metres.
- Infratil Limited, New Zealand Superannuation Fund: Acted for the ASX & NZX listed Infratil Australia Limited and the New Zealand Superannuation Fund on the $640m acquisition of 100% of Brisbane based RetireAustralia group.
- Salter Brothers: worked on the acquiring both the Tuckerbox and InterContinental hotel portfolios and establishment of two Salter Brothers hotel funds.
- Ascendas: Advised on the establishment of a $1b industrial land fund in Australia.
- Department of Transport and Public Transport Victoria: Advised in relation to the tendering for the Metropolitan Bus Services Project.
- Australian Unity: Advised in relation to the development of Retirement Villages and Aged Care Facilities at Lane Cove and on the Herston Quarter redevelopment.
- Singapore Power: Advised in relation to the acquisition and separation of the assets of the Alinta Group.
- Morgan Stanley and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited: Advised in relation to potential interest withholding tax issues on products provided into the Australian market.
- Foreign institutions: Advised a number of foreign institutions in relation to drafting of section 128F syndicated loan facilities to Australian borrowers.
- Brisbane Airports Corporation, Plenary Group, SPI (Australia) Assets Pty Ltd and others: Significant number of engagements on debt issuances, hybrid issuances, section 128F offers and securitisations.