I work with clients to navigate the complex regulatory requirements of the healthcare and medical research sectors. This includes advising on compliance with a wide range of legislative requirements, public health funding arrangements, privacy and regulation of data, managing data breaches, medical and health technology and devices, and medical research agreements. I have a deep understanding of the industry and its drivers.
In addition to my diverse practical experience, I have a Master of Laws from the University of Pennsylvania in the US, for which I specialised in health law, policy and bioethics.
I am dedicated to providing clients with prompt and practical legal advice.
- Supported public agencies in their response to COVID-19 including data management, privacy and public health emergency powers.
- Advised on access to Medicare benefits under State/Federal funding arrangements, advised private providers on compliance with Medicare rules, advised on availability of PBS medicines in public facilities.
- Advised public and private hospitals in relation to secrecy, privacy and confidentiality obligations, managed privacy breaches including mandatory data breach reporting under the Privacy Act, advised on the implementation of the Australian My Health Record initiative.
- Advised government, local private entities and in bound investors into the healthcare sector on a range of issues including regulation of dangerous drugs, regulation of diagnostic imaging and pathology businesses, compliance with TGA registration requirements and advertising restrictions.
- Negotiated agreements and advised in relation to legal risks arising from research and clinical trial arrangements.
- Supported the Gender Clinic at the Queensland Children’s Hospital, including bringing applications for hormone treatment in the Family Court of Australia.