I enjoy working collaboratively with Australian, foreign and government clients to deliver complex corporate transactions and develop lasting relationships.
I have led teams advising on complex and large corporate transactions engaging with multiple stakeholders and advisers to deliver outcomes for clients. Those transactions have included electricity mergers, privatisations and restructures, port privatisations, and acquisitions and restructures in the transport, agribusiness, energy and industrial sectors.
- Queensland electricity distributor merger – advising the Queensland Government and Queensland Treasury Corporation on the merger of Queensland government owned electricity distribution businesses, Energex and Ergon Energy, under a new $24 billion government owned corporation, Energy Queensland Limited.
- Queensland electricity generator mergers – advising Tarong Energy (and subsequently, Stanwell) in relation to the restructure of Queensland government owned electricity generators, Stanwell, Tarong Energy and CS Energy.
- Queensland port lease – advising the Queensland Government on the $2.1 billion long term lease of the Port of Brisbane.
- Victorian port lease – advising the Victorian Government on the $9.73 billion long term lease of the Port of Melbourne.
- Victorian land titles commercialisation – advising the Victorian Government on the $2.86 billion commercialisation of the land titles registry, Land Use Victoria.
- Endeavour Energy – advising a participant in the consortium taking a 50.4% interest in a $7.6 billion long term lease of New South Wales government owned electricity distributor Endeavour Energy.
- Transit Systems – advising on the sale of Transit Systems, Tower Transit and their broader group to ASX-listed SeaLink Travel Group Limited, for an enterprise value of $635 million plus an earn-out component of up to $63 million.
- Transit Systems – advising on the $125 million sale of its marine business to SeaLink Travel Group Limited and its acquisition of Adelaide's Light City Buses business from Broadspectrum Australia.
- Lactalis Australia (Parmalat Australia) – advising on its $118 million acquisition of Harvey Food & Beverage Ltd (Harvey Fresh), its $63 million acquisition of NSW, ACT and SA Dairy Farmers' assets from National Foods Limited and its $15 million acquisition of Fonterra's yoghurt and dairy dessert business.
- Sime Darby Berhad – advising on its $58 million acquisition of Heavy Maintenance Group Pty Ltd from private equity fund, Pemba Capital following the successful conclusion of a competitive bid process.