As a leading member of the firm's leasing practice, I oversee leasing assets for a number of prominent clients across various asset classes. I deliver a whole of lifecycle service offering for my clients commencing with initial dedicated onboarding service setting my clients up for ongoing success in the day to day leasing operations. My substantial redevelopment and asset disposal experience is appreciated by my clients and leads to excellent valuation returns.
My commercial and pragmatic approach to leasing transactions facilitates a partnership between landlords and tenants that leads to optimal outcomes for clients. I am well known in the leasing space for best practice methods, drive for process improvement and for implementing tailored plain-English national leases.
- Acting for Stockland on their Retail and Industrial and Logistic Portfolios nationally. I spearheaded the onboarding of Stockland's retail and industrial portfolio from its prior legal service provider. By engaging deeply with Stockland's business, policies and procedures, I was able to ensure a smooth transition for Stockland, with continuity of service across its portfolio.
- Assisting Charter Hall with the leasing of its assets across both Queensland and New South Wales, including new leases, assignments, surrenders, incentive arrangements and licensing. Tanya has pursued a process improvement drive with Charter Hall, which includes working with Charter Hall to revise the terms of its agreements in developing new precedent documents, which take a pragmatic assessment of leasing risks.
- Acting for Cromwell Property Group on its Commercial Office Portfolio nationally including development of new plain-English lease documents as well as the strategic training of property management and embedding precursor processes into preliminary offers to align with the streamlined leasing processes.
- Acting across Suncorp's entire property portfolio nationally, undertaking a diverse mix of retail, commercial, industrial and project leasing. My understanding of Suncorp's internal business has resulted in my ability to escalate and commercially resolve key issues in consultation with Suncorp, while ensuring essential Suncorp resources are not unnecessarily diverted to inconsequential or purely semantic legal issues. I am also currently leading the lease assignment project as part of the ANZ acquisition of Suncorp's banking business.
- Acting for Lendlease in providing strategic advice, developing complex titling structures and bespoke drafting on the Urban Re-generation project at the RNA, which reflects the unique nature of urban re-generation projects and how the project interacts with the various overlaying legislation. My commercial acumen has led to the development of creative solutions to allow Lendlease to achieve its outcomes in a scenario with complex overlays.
- Acting for the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (Qld) as landlord in its childcare leases at TAFE sites throughout Queensland, including development a bespoke Queensland Government Childcare lease
- Acting in the development and leasing of new retail neighbourhood centres owned by Woolworths across Queensland.
- Acting for Uniting Care in preparing the Queensland Lifeline template lease and Hospital Template lease for The Wesley Hospital, St Andrews War Memorial Hospital, St Stephens Hospital and Buderim Private Hospital.