I advise and lead on innovative product development, fund establishments, fund restructures and corporate transactions involving funds as well as complex financial services and corporate regulatory issues related to the funds management industry.
I draw on my previous funds, transactional, governance and regulatory experience to provide tailored solutions and advice on key matters for my clients. I form close and trusted relationships with my clients, which allows me to develop a keen understanding of their business, operations, funds and investment management activities.
- Advised Lendlease on the restructure of the $1.8 billion Lendlease retirement living business into a fund structure, the sale of a 25% stake to Dutch pension fund, APG Asset Management, and the subsequent sale of two tranches totalling a 49.9% stake to Aware Super.
- Advised Lendlease Investment Management on the establishment of an investment mandate for State Super's $1.5 billion domestic diversified direct property portfolio.
- Advised on the initial public offer and listing of the $440 million Perpetual Credit Income Trust, a product that made private debt investments accessible to retail clients in a liquid fund structure.
- Acted on the establishment, quotation and offer of new unit classes in the Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund, Perpetual Global Innovation Share Fund and Barrow Hanley Global Share Fund as exchange traded managed funds and advised on the operational policies and procedures implemented to operate these exchange traded managed funds.
- Advised on Magellan's innovative single class multi-channel fund model deployed in the Airlie Australian Share Fund, the restructure of Magellan's three Global Equity funds into the Magellan Global Fund, the initial public offer and listing of the $1.6 billion Magellan Global Trust, the largest ever ASX listed investment entity IPO, and the conversion of the $800 million Magellan High Conviction Trust, a listed investment trust, into an active exchange traded fund.
- Advised on the duties of responsible entities and trustees in relation to environmental, social and governance matters, the establishment of ESG fund products and greenwashing of fund products,
- Provided complex regulatory advice on the liquidity management and restructure of managed funds during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic when markets became extremely dislocated, which requires a deep understanding of regulatory issues impacting retail and wholesale investors.
- Regularly advised on the funds management, fund operational, transactional, constitution, corporate governance and complex regulatory issues related to wholesale and retail managed funds and wholesale investment mandates.