GuideME was developed by Minter Ellison's Employment team as a practical and easy to use extension to its client training workshops. Provided for some of Australia's largest organisations, these topical and interactive workshops are now available as a learning module for all Australian businesses.
GuideME workshops have two parts – legal and practical. Each workshop:
- provides an overview of the law on the relevant area including recent changes to legislation and case studies
- examines the issues and legal risks arising in each area
- identifies trends and emerging issues, and
- provides practical, commercial guidance and business solutions.
The cost is $700 (plus GST) per person per half day session and $1000 (plus GST) per person for an extended session. We also offer discounts for multiple attendances and/or company group bookings:
- individuals who attend more than two workshops in a 12 month period will receive 10% discount on their third workshop
- companies can book multiple workshop places for any GuideME workshop in a 12 month period, at a discounted rate:
- 5 places for the price of 4 or
- 10 places for the price of 7.
The discounts apply to all GuideME workshops and all Minter Ellison offices. The discounts must be used separately. For more information please email
Click on the topics below to find out about these workshops:
New courses under development for 2015
- Restructuring and change management - June
Implementing change has make-or-break implications. In addition to the legal considerations, this workshop covers change management best practices and will have a specialist change management guest presenter.
- Employment Law 202 Master Class - November
If you have either completed Employment Law 101 or worked in an HR role for more than five years, this course is for you. Get updated on key issues within a collaborative environment of likeminded peers.
In addition to our publicly available GuideME workshops, we also provide tailored training. We regularly tailor existing GuideME workshops or create new modules depending on our clients' requirements. We often partner with clients in the development and presentation of these tailored training sessions.
Some recent examples include appropriate workplace behaviour, ohs training for directors and/or managers, employment law 101 for people managers (legal framework, recruitment, performance management, termination), effective performance management and planning for enterprise bargaining.