As an expert in dispute resolution, my aim is to deliver the most appropriate and efficient solution to my client’s problems. In each matter I develop the best strategy for resolving the dispute, whether it be by negotiation, mediation, expert determination, arbitration or litigation.
My passion to share knowledge has led me to lecture at universities and regularly present at construction industry events. I have also written dozens of articles and papers.
- Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal - Worked on the largest security of payment matter in Queensland and subsequent restitutionary proceedings which were settled at the earliest opportunity to our client's satisfaction
- Edited the Queensland contribution to MinterEllison’s annual Security of payment round-up
- Peabody - Reviewed major procurement contracts for two years
- Seqwater – advised in respect of defects at the desalination plant
- Various contractors – advised on strategy to recover money owing under contracts
- Various owners – advised on claims for construction defects
- Drafted and reviewed construction contracts
- Advocated for using dispute review boards to identify and manage risk in high value, high-visibility projects
- Sat for four years as the full time member of the Queensland Building Tribunal
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors