My advice aims to be technically excellent but also practical and timely, with a clear focus on the client’s business objectives. I believe it is important to develop an early claims management strategy tailored to the client’s needs, and to resolve claims as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
As an experienced employment lawyer, I not only assist my clients to achieve the best claims outcome, but also in managing the worker’s ongoing employment, including consideration of other employment risks such as unfair dismissal, discrimination and workplace health and safety issues.
- Served as a Colorado State Senator and a Colorado State Representative in the US before moving to Australia, and held the position of Minority Leader for the Colorado House of Representatives
- Successfully defended hundreds of personal injury and workers compensation claims in Queensland
- Advised clients on contribution proceedings, and negotiated and achieved favourable apportionments for my clients
- Handled numerous appeals before the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission in matters where clients brought an appeal or sought leave to be heard in appeal proceedings
- Successfully defended Supreme Court applications to extend the limitation period and to bring common law claims where entitlement to seek damages was an issue