In recent times I have been on Boards in the commercial, health, education and charity sectors. As a result, I have a keen interest in not just the technical legal rules of corporate governance, but also in their practical and pragmatic application in the day-to-day life of a corporation.
- I began practice in a small firm where I had to handle all kinds of legal matters
- I later joined MinterEllison in Adelaide. There I specialised in commercial transactions and tax and had a term as the managing partner
- During that time I was engaged by the South Australian Asset Management Corporation to advise on the restructure and disposal of several of the impaired assets of the failed State Bank
- I then joined the South Australian Government as its Chief Commercial Counsel. In that role I was the senior government lawyer on the privatisation of the state's electricity, ports , TAB and other smaller businesses and on the outsourcing of water and bus services. I later became the Deputy Chief Executive and then Chief Executive of the Attorney-General's Department
- I later returned to MinterEllison as Special Counsel in the corporate practice. During that time I have chaired the Boards of a national charity, the Central Adelaide Health Network and a trading business that supports and commercialises research in the health sector
- I have been a Councillor and Pro-Chancellor of the University of South Australia
- I am a life member and Patron of the South Australian Churches and Community Cricket Association and I am Patron of Baseball SA